railay.com Forum Index railay.com
Railay Beach virtual meeting place

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obviously it was a big spot in the game. I just really wasn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    railay.com Forum Index -> Accomodation & food in Railay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xsw96
Totaly Tropicaly Insane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Obviously it was a big spot in the game. I just really wasn Reply with quote

Columbus, OH (SportsNetwork.com) - Eric Fehrs goal 42 seconds into overtime lifted the Washington Capitals to a 5-4 come-from-behind victory over Columbus, halting the Blue Jackets seven-game win streak. Michael Chaputs first career NHL goal had given Columbus a 4-3 lead with 4:25 remaining in regulation, but Troy Brouwer answered for the Capitals just 1:25 later to send the game into extra time. Fehr, Jason Chimera and Karl Alzner each recorded a goal and an assist for Washington, which earned a point for a seventh straight outing. The Caps are 5-0-2 over that stretch, which included an overtime loss to the Blue Jackets in Washington a week ago. That was a big one tonight for our team, the way we fought back, Fehr said. We were really resilient. We could have folded a few times but we hung in there and got the win. Nick Foligno scored twice and assisted on another for Columbus, which received 31 saves from Sergei Bobrovsky in defeat. Chaput swooped in from the left wing to put the rebound of Matt Calverts initial attempt into an open side to briefly put Columbus ahead late in a wide-open third period. However, the Capitals quickly responded on a somewhat questionable play from Brouwer. Mike Green tossed the puck on net during a Washington rush, with the disc deflecting off Brouwers left skate and past Bobrovsky to knot the score at 4-4. The goal held up following a video review, which determined that Brouwer did not intentionally kick the puck over the line. Green also set up the game-winner during overtime, with the defenseman skating around a defender and delivering a drop pass that Fehr one-timed home while falling to the ice. Im disappointed the way the game ended, because we had two leads, two opportunities to earn a win in regulation, said Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards. It leaves you with a little bitter taste, just because there were opportunities. Washington dominated the first period, outshooting the Blue Jackets by a 15-5 margin and taking a 2-0 lead courtesy of Joel Ward and Chimera. Ward began the scoring midway through the opening stanza, firing a shot under Bobrovskys right arm after collecting a feed from Fehr. A faceoff win by Michael Latta in the Columbus zone late in the period set up the second goal. Latta got the puck back near the net shortly afterward, then sent a heady, no-look pass across the crease that Chimera deposited in with 37.9 seconds left. It was all Columbus in the second, however, as the Jackets took advantage of a pair of Washington penalties just under three minutes apart. A slashing call to Alex Ovechkin gave Columbus a 5-on-4 around 7 1/2 minutes into the middle session, with Jack Johnson converting the chance by tapping in a well-placed centering feed from Foligno. Foligno tied it at 2-2 with 8:03 left in the frame, outworking Caps netminder Braden Holtby for the rebound of a shot sent on net by Kevin Connauton and backhanding in his eighth power-play tally of the season. Foligno struck again a mere 52 seconds into the third period, knocking in the carom of Jeremy Morins shot during a Columbus rush to give the Jackets their first lead of the night. It lasted just over six minutes, as Alzner jumped into the opposing zone and skated in before launching a wrister that handcuffed Bobrovsky and trickled over the line. I like the character (we showed). We came back twice in that game to tie it up and win it in overtime, said Capitals head coach Barry Trotz. Anytime they got the momentum, we grabbed it back. Game Notes The Blue Jackets have been involved in five straight games decided in either overtime or a shootout ... Holtby finished with 22 saves ... Folignos first goal was the 100th of his career ... Green and Latta both had two assists for Washington ... The Capitals had lost their previous three games that went past regulation ... Columbus went 2-for-4 on the power play ... Washington moved to 14-1-2 on the season when scoring first. Robert Woods Jersey . This weeks Raptors Report puts a bow on Gays brief, 10-month tenure in Toronto and ponders how his absence will affect the teams offence. Are they a better team without him? In addition to acquiring some valuable cap flexibility, what impact will the four incoming players have this season and beyond? Click here for the Dec. John Johnson Jersey .com) - Hassan Whiteside scored 20 points with nine rebounds in the Miami Heats 83-75 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday. http://www.authenticramsfansclub.com/Black-Friday-Robert-Quinn-Jersey/. -- Former NHL star Jeremy Roenick shot a second-round 69 to take the lead after 36 holes and former LPGA great Annika Sorenstam and Chad Pfeifer, who lost his left leg above the knee serving in Iraq, are among several players in contention in the American Century Championship tournament on Saturday. Deacon Jones Jersey .Inter Milan and Napoli also advanced to ensure there will be at least three Italian clubs in the last 32 of Europes secondary competition.Spurs victory, secured by Benjamin Stamboulis 49th-minute winner, was overshadowed by a succession of pitch invasions that forced the referee to halt the game after 41 minutes. Greg Zuerlein Jersey . According to a report from ESPN, the veteran safety has signed another one-year deal with the team Raiders, the team that drafted him, and who he returned to last year after a long stint with the Green Bay Packers.MIAMI -- Giancarlo Stanton wasnt happy with his fielding error in the seventh inning, which helped the Texas Rangers tie the game. Stanton wanted to make up for his blunder in right field, but walked the next two at-bats before hitting an RBI single on a 1-2 count with with two outs in the 10th inning and the Miami Marlins beat the Texas Rangers 4-3 Tuesday night for their third straight win. "I didnt like the sliders that were called so I was already fired up about that, I knew that we were in extra innings because of me so I was already fired up about that, so when I saw (Neftali Feliz) dragging in I was just like, You put us in this situation, just make sure youre calm and collected and get us out," Stanton said. Miami (63-62) surpassed last years total of 62. The Marlins moved over .500 for the first time since June 20. Jeff Baker reached with one out in the 10th on first baseman Mike Carps error. Donovan Solanos infield single with two outs moved Baker to second. Neftali Feliz relieved Neal Cotts (2-7) to face Stanton, who singled to right field. "We had the right guy there and he had a heck of an at-bat and hit a bullet to right," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. Sam Dyson (2-0) struck out the side in the 10th. Marcell Ozuna hit his 17th home run and Christian Yelich had three hits for the Marlins. The Rangers scored twice in the seventh to tie it at 3. Rougned Odor opened with a double off the right-field wall and when Stanton misplayed it for an error, Odor circled the bases. Mike Dunn later walked pinch-hitter Daniel Robertson with the bases loaded. Texas threatened in the ninth with Elvis Andrus on third base and one out, but he got caught off the bag when Robertson pulled back on a potential squeeze bunt. "The pitch had nothing to do with it," Robertson said. "The manager makes the call--calls a squeeze--youve got to get it down. If you have to dive, dive. If you have to jump, jump. Youve got to get it down." The Rangers were 1 for 10 with runners in scoring position. "Thats what we definitely have to get better on, driving in runs when theyre out there," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "We put ourseelves in position but we just dont cash them in.dddddddddddd" Marlins starter Jarred Cosart allowed one run and six hits in six innings. Texas starter Miles Mikolas pitched five innings, allowing three runs and eight hits. He struck out six. Robinson Chirinos RBI groundout gave the Rangers a 1-0 lead in the fourth. Ozunas home run tied it in the bottom half. The Marlins took a 3-1 lead in the sixth on an RBI single by Jarrod Saltalamacchia and a sacrifice fly by Adeiny Hechavarria. TRAINERS ROOM Rangers: Washington was hopeful that RHP Yu Darvish (right shoulder inflammation) would be able to return from the disabled list on Aug. 25, but that appears unlikely as Darvish has not picked up a baseball yet. "Im backing off," Washington said. "I dont know whats going to happen. I guess well just have to wait and see." ... RF Alex Rios was scratched from the starting lineup with a bruised right thumb, but came into the game in the ninth inning. Marlins: LHP Dan Jennings (concussion) threw one scoreless inning in his first rehab assignment with Gulf Coast League Marlins on Tuesday. "Everything went good so I think the plan for him is to throw a couple innings in his next outing in the next couple of days," Redmond said. UP NEXT Miami native Nick Martinez (2-9, 5.27) will start for the Rangers on Wednesday afternoon against Marlins RHP Nathan Eovaldi (6-7, 3.96). BROKEN BAT The Marlins Casey McGehee broke his bat over his right knee after striking out in the bottom of the eighth with two runners left on base. "I wish I wouldnt have done it," McGehee said. "I was just frustrated. Obviously it was a big spot in the game. I just really wasnt happy with the at-bat I put out there. At the end of the day Ive got to be a little bit more grown-up than that." RETURN TO FLORIDA Mikolas, who grew up in nearby Jupiter and played at Nova Southeastern University, had a number of friends and family members in attendance. "It was great, friends and family came out," Mikolas said. "All my coaches and teammates from back at Nova came, my high school coach, my high school teammates. It was fun to know that they were out there. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    railay.com Forum Index -> Accomodation & food in Railay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum