railay.com Forum Index railay.com
Railay Beach virtual meeting place

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The righty won his four previous starts and flirted with no

Post new topic   Reply to topic    railay.com Forum Index -> Accomodation & food in Railay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xsw96
Totaly Tropicaly Insane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject: The righty won his four previous starts and flirted with no Reply with quote

INDIAN WELLS, Calif. - Novak Djokovic came into Indian Wells for the first time in four years without a title. He left with a $1 million check and his first trophy of the year, beating Roger Federer 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (3) on Sunday to win the BNP Paribas Open for the third time. "Not winning a title and coming here, there were certain doubts," Djokovic said. "I had ups and downs in my concentration in opening rounds, but I managed to stay mentally strong and have that self-belief. Thats something that definitely makes this title very special to me." Federer rallied from a break down and a 5-3 deficit in the third set to force the tiebreaker, but he made a slew of mistakes to lose the 33rd meeting between the rivals. Federer still leads the series 17-16, having beaten Djokovic in three sets in the semifinals at Dubai two weeks ago. Djokovic will remain No. 2 in the world, while Federer will rise three spots to No. 5 on Monday in the ATP Tour rankings. Flavia Pennetta routed injured Agnieszka Radwanska 6-2, 6-1 to win the womens title, the biggest of her career. Federer was trying to win a record fifth title in the Southern California desert, and at 32, he would have been the oldest Masters 1000 winner since 34-year-old Andre Agassi won at Cincinnati in 2004. But Djokovic wouldnt allow it. After Federer breezed to the first set in 31 minutes, Djokovic earned the lone break of the second set to go up 5-3 after Federer pulled a forehand wide. "I know he always comes out confident, aggressive," Djokovic said. "He doesnt give you the victory; you have to earn it." Djokovic got the early break in the third, again on one of Federers forehand errors, to lead 2-1. His 112-mph (180 kph) ace gave him a 4-2 lead, and he extended it to 5-3 with a backhand winner down the line. But Federer then served a love-game to make it 5-4 and broke Djokovic to tie the set, 5-all. "I was able to just keep the pressure on Novak and show him that if he slips up, I will be there and I will make it a very competitive match in the end for him," Federer said. In the tiebreaker, however, the Serb raced to a 5-1 lead, helped by four errors from Federer, and closed it out when Federers backhand landed in the net. "At the end, he made sure he kept the ball in play and I might have made a few too many errors when it really mattered," Federer said. A year ago, Pennetta was close to retiring from tennis. The Italian veterans ranking plunged to 166th in the world in June, and she had struggled to rebuild her career after having right wrist surgery the previous August. Now shes glad she stuck around. "After so many years, so much work and everything, this is the moment I always waited for," she said. "And its coming when you dont expect. It was something I was waiting since long time, and finally I have a good trophy in my hands." Actually, the crystal trophy was so heavy, she didnt hoist it for photographers. The 32-year-old Italian became the third-oldest winner of the tournament after Martina Navratilova, who won at age 33 and again at 34 in 1990-91. It was Pennettas first title since winning at Marbella in 2010. "We are old, but we still good athletes," Pennetta said. "We are strong. We have so many years on the tour, and we know how to handle the emotion and everything." As the 20th seed, Pennetta became the lowest seed to win the title. She came in ranked 21st and is projected to rise to No. 12 in the world Monday in the WTA Tour rankings. She beat top-seeded Li Na in the semifinals on her way to the title. Radwanska, seeded second, was bothered with a left knee injury in the final. She twice called for the trainer in the second set and had her knee heavily taped. She was in tears apologizing to the sympathetic crowd afterward, saying she was unable to run. The Pole said she hurt her knee a few days ago in practice. "I just didnt expect it was going to be much worse today," she said. "But when the pain is so big that nothing is working no painkillers, no tape that means it is bad." Gary Zimmerman Jersey . The win gives Canada its fifth title at the World Sledge Hockey Challenge. "Weve got to keep pushing," said Westlake, who led Canada with five goals in the tournament. "The second you let off the pedal, everyone catches up. Shannon Sharpe Jersey . Three pitches later, he was hugging Mike Napoli at home plate after his teammates winning home run. Napoli and Ortiz hit consecutive homers with one out in the 10th inning and the Boston Red Sox rallied past Minnesota 2-1 Wednesday, sending the Twins to their fifth straight loss. http://www.broncosonlinenfl.com/broncos-brendan-langley-navy-blue-jersey/. Speaking on TSN Radio 1050s TSN Drive with Dave Naylor on Monday, Colangelo said he had no intention of tanking the shortened 2011-12 season, but definitely wanted a high pick in the draft. "I wish that word wasnt used for headline reasons," said Colangelo, "but the story behind it was: how can we fix the system? How can we tweak the system to make it less likely that teams are rewarded for losing records? "I do believe that if youre as transparent as we were at the time - with our season seat holders, our fans, the market place and the media - everybody knew what the plan was and what we were going through. Dennis Smith Jersey .200. His solution to his hitting woes was business in the front and a party in the back."That would be a mullet," Norris says. Paxton Lynch Jersey . This time, it was Eric Chavezs turn. Stuck in a rut since coming off the disabled list, Chavez hit the first pitch he saw in the ninth inning for a run-scoring single, sending the Diamondbacks to another walk-off victory, 4-3 over the San Francisco Giants on Saturday night. WASHINGTON -- After Jordan Zimmermann put the Washington Nationals in position to win on the mound, Denard Spans legs and Ryan Zimmermans bat made sure they beat the Chicago Cubs. Zimmermans eighth inning single drove in Span for the go-ahead run as the surging Nationals capped a strong weekend with a 2-1 win over the Cubs on Sunday. The expected pitchers duel took place as Zimmermann outdueled Jake Arrieta over six innings and left with a 1-0 lead. "The starter for them today was as advertised, tough," Zimmerman said of Arrieta. "The way Jordan pitched, that was a game we needed to win." The Cubs tied it in the seventh on Starlin Castros sacrifice fly against Drew Storen. Spans hustle turned a soft hit to right field off Pedro Strop (1-4) into a double leading off the eighth. The Cubs challenged the play, but replay showed that the sliding Span avoided the tag. "The fact that he broke out of the box hard and thought two (bases) from the beginning of it was key for us," Nationals manager Matt Williams said. Two outs later, the Cubs intentionally walked Adam LaRoche to bring up Zimmerman, who ripped a single to left to score Span from second. Tyler Clippard (6-2) worked out of trouble in the eighth inning. Rafael Soriano pitched the ninth and earned his 21st save for the Nationals, who have won seven of eight. Washington moved within one-half game of NL East-leading Atlanta. The Nationals took two of three games in the series, including 13-0 on Saturday to break Chicagos four-game winning streak. Zimmermann allowed seven hits with one walk and struck out five. He has given up two earned runs or fewer in seven straight starts. The right-hander is 3-2 with a 1.26 ERA in that span. "I think he found his slider," Williams said. "Gives him another weapon." The Cubs had at least one hit in each of the first six innings, but couldnt generate a clutch one versus Zimmermann. Chicago left 12 runners on base and went 1 for 9 with runners in scoring position. "I fell behind hitters and wasnt able to throw first-pitch strikes,"; Zimmermann said.dddddddddddd "Guys got on base, and I had to work out of a few jams. Other than that I threw the ball well." Following this weekends blockbuster trade that sent starters Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel to the Oakland As, Arrieta inherited the No. 1 role in the Cubs rotation. He has pitched to that level lately. The righty won his four previous starts and flirted with no-hitters in his last two. Arrieta carried a perfect game into the seventh inning on June 24 against Cincinnati and went 7 2-3 innings without allowing a hit at Boston on June 30. Washington ended such hopes immediately. Span hit a fly ball that sailed over the outfielders for a double leading off the first. One out later he scored on Jayson Werths groundout for a 1-0 lead. Arrieta allowed four hits and one run over six innings with three walks and five strikeouts. He gave up two singles to open the fifth, but escaped the jam. Zimmermann struck out while attempting to bunt the runner over. "It was a dogfight," Arrieta said. "I really had to grind it out there. I had guys on base. I had to make pitches in big situations. I was able to do that." Storen entered having allowed only three earned runs this season and only one in 17 appearances since May 17. The Cubs threatened in the eighth, putting runners at second and third with one out against Clippard, but didnt score. Pinch-hitter Wellington Castillo struck out looking, and Ryan Sweeney grounded out. Justin Ruggiano, Anthony Rizzo, and John Baker all had two hits for the Cubs. NOTES: The Cubs recalled RHP Blake Parker from Triple-A Iowa before the game. Parker takes the roster spot created by the trade with Oakland. ... Chicago hasnt announced who will replace Samardzija and Hammel when their rotation spots come up Wednesday and Thursday. Edwin Jackson (5-8, 4.99) will open the five-game series at Cincinnati on Monday against fellow RHP Mike Leake (6-7, 3.47). ... Nationals RHP Stephen Strasburg (7-6, 3.53) will face RHP Chris Tillman (7-4, 4.21) on Monday when Baltimore visits Washington. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    railay.com Forum Index -> Accomodation & food in Railay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum