railay.com Forum Index railay.com
Railay Beach virtual meeting place

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5-all. But Lewis wasnt blaming centre fielder Martin, who ha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    railay.com Forum Index -> Accomodation & food in Railay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xsw96
Totaly Tropicaly Insane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: 5-all. But Lewis wasnt blaming centre fielder Martin, who ha Reply with quote

PRETORIA, South Africa - In a day of potentially damaging testimony, a former girlfriend of Oscar Pistorius said at his murder trial Friday that he once shot his gun out of a car sunroof and later cheated on her with the woman he killed last year. And a security guard recalled the athlete telling him everything was "fine" after neighbours reported gunshots coming from Pistorius house on the night of her death. The gripping accounts capped the first week of the televised trial of the double-amputee Olympian, whose chief defence lawyer has tried to sow doubt about the testimony of neighbours who said they heard a womans screams before gunshots. Proceedings have also focused on past incidents involving alleged gunplay, part of an apparent prosecution effort to portray Pistorius, 27, as a hothead who sometimes thought he was above authority. Prosecutors say he intentionally killed Reeva Steenkamp during an argument, but he insists it was a mistake, and that he fired through the locked toilet door in his bathroom believing an intruder was behind it. The security guard, Pieter Baba, testified that he telephoned Pistorius after the reported gunshots in the pre-dawn hours of Feb. 14, 2013, and that the athlete assured him in their brief conversation: "Security, everything is fine." Moments later, Baba said, Pistorius phoned him back, started crying and didnt say anything and then the line went dead. It was minutes after he shot Steenkamp, a 29-year-old model. "Not everything was in order as Mr. Pistorius was telling me," Baba recalled saying to a fellow guard as they were outside the runners villa. Earlier, ex-girlfriend Samantha Taylor, who cried twice during her time on the stand in the Pretoria court, said Pistorius always carried a firearm when they dated and sometimes shouted angrily at her and her friends. There were murmurs in court when Taylor said their relationship ended because Pistorius cheated on her with Steenkamp. Taylor said she started going out with Pistorius in 2011 when she was 17 and that the relationship ended in November 2012. She described some of Pistorius habits, including what side of the bed he slept on at home, the fact that he placed his gun on the bedside table or next to his prostheses on the floor at night and how he would balance against things if he was walking on his stumps. Pistorius was born without fibula bones because of a congenital defect, and his legs were amputated when he was 11 months old. He ran on carbon-fiber blades and is a multiple Paralympic medallist . He also competed at the London Olympics but didnt win a medal. Taylor described one occasion in which Pistorius fired his gun out of a sunroof soon after a policeman stopped their car for speeding. She also mentioned another incident in which she and Pistorius were followed by a car as he drove home. "When we arrived at his estate, he jumped out of the car with his gun and held it to someones window, and then they drove away," Taylor said. Defence lawyer Barry Roux raised the possibility that Pistorius was trying to protect Taylor, though she said did not feel threatened. Taylor also described problems in her relationship with Pistorius, the first amputee to run in the Olympics. "He cheated on me with Reeva Steenkamp," Taylor said. The court later adjourned briefly after Taylor broke down in tears while describing how Pistorius had earlier cheated on her with a different woman, and then again when she cried while discussing her problems with him. Roux, the defence lawyer, said he would produce emails between Taylor and Pistorius to show that her testimony was untrue, and he also sought to highlight apparent gaps in Taylors memory of the alleged sunroof gunfire in September 2012. Roux said Pistorius denies the shooting took place. Taylor also described previous incidents when Pistorius thought there was an intruder trying to get into his home, saying he reacted by waking her up. "There was one occasion when something hit the bathroom window and Oscar woke me up and asked me if I heard it," Taylor said. "He got up with his gun." But he woke you up, asked prosecutor Gerrie Nel. "Yes. There was probably one or two occasions when he woke me up to ask me if I heard something," Taylor replied. Pistorius did not attempt to wake or locate Steenkamp before he shot her by mistake, according to his own version of events. On the night Steenkamp died, security guard Baba said he drove from the main gate of the gated community to Pistorius home with a colleague after neighbours called to report sounds like gunshots from that direction. A few minutes after Babas two brief phone calls with Pistorius, two other people showed up: Johan Stander, a manager of the housing complex whom Pistorius says he called to get an ambulance, and Standers daughter. The group went to the front door of the house and someone pushed it open. Baba said he saw Pistorius coming down the stairs, carrying the bloodied Steenkamp. "I was so shocked," Baba said. "I started regaining my senses when Mr. Stander said Oscar." Zach Fulton Jersey . 1. Lions WR Calvin Johnson (6 REC, 101 YDS, 1 TD, 10 targets) leads receivers with 1,299 yards and 12 touchdowns, though his 118.1 receiving yards per game ranks second behind Clevelands Josh Gordon. Gordon (10 REC, 261 YDS, 2 TD, 15 targets) is emerging as a superstar, putting up huge numbers even with Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden at quarterback. Custom Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys . Bjoerndalen broke the record he shared with cross-country skiing great Bjoern Daehlie, also matching his fellow Norwegians record of eight gold medals. Bjoerndalen earlier won gold in Sochi in the mens sprint biathlon. http://www.thechiefsshoponline.com/Youth-Kenneth-Acker-Chiefs-Jersey/. You can, too, Clay Buchholz, if we ignore the sixth inning of Game 2. Doug Fister and Jake Peavy, youre up next in Game 4 and theres a lot to live up to. Marcus Peters Jersey . - Nikita Jevpalovs scored 6:22 into the second overtime as the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada edged the visiting Rimouski Oceanic 2-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action. Derrick Johnson Jersey . Both the top-seeded Djokovic and sixth-seeded Fish took relatively easy paths, with the Serb winning when opponent Jo-Wilfried Tsonga retired in the second set with a sore arm and Fish dominating Janko Tipsarevic in two quick sets. ARLINGTON, Texas -- Rougned Odor and the Texas Rangers took full advantage of an unprecedented bad night by Baltimore shortstop J.J. Hardy to avoid a three-game sweep after blowing a big early lead. Odour had a leadoff single in the seventh and scored the tiebreaking run with the help of two errors by Hardy as the Rangers went on to beat the Orioles 8-6 on Thursday night. "He usually comes up with that stuff. He didnt come up with it tonight, and it opened the inning us," Rangers manager Ron Washington said of the Hardy miscues. "Hes a class infielder, and it just goes to show you it can happen to anyone." The Rangers blew an early 5-0 lead, but their three-run seventh started when speedy No. 9 batter Odor had an infield single off reliever Brian Matusz (2-2) and moved up after Hardy, who had a throwing error after fielding the ball in the hole. "I had to make a quick throw on (Odour) and I just threw it a little too low," Hardy said. "The next one, I cant explain it. I just missed it." Odour came home when Hardy misplayed a grounder hit by Elvis Andrus to make it 6-5. Alex Rios and Chris Jimenez then added consecutive RBI singles off Preston Guilmet, the fifth Baltimore pitcher. "Nobody in this clubhouse thinks twice about it," Baltimore manager Buck Showalter said. "Its an honour to watch him play every night and Im blessed to have had him pass my way, so we dont give that two thoughts." Hardy, an All-Star for the second time last season, also had a throwing error in the fourth for the first three-error game in his career. In 1,152 games at shortstop since 2005 before Thursday, he had only one multi-error game -- seven years ago when he had two in a game for Milwaukee. Adam Jones had three RBIs for the Orioles, including his two-run double in the fifth and a homer leading off the eighth. Nick Markakis also homered for Baltimore, a two-run shot in the third. Robbie Ross (2-4) struuck out two in two scoreless innings before Tanner Scheppers, another reliever who started this season in the Texas starting rotation, gave up the homer to Jones.dddddddddddd. Joakim Soria worked a perfect ninth for his 12th save in 13 chances. Scheppers, the opening day starter who went 0-1 with a 9.82 ERA in four starts before going on the disabled list with right elbow inflammation, was recalled from an injury rehab assignment earlier Thursday. Baltimore starter Chris Tillman faced only 11 batters, and was gone without recording an out in the second inning. Nine of those batters reached, including all five in the second. Tillman pitched in place of Miguel Gonzalez, the right-hander who was scratched a day before his scheduled start because of soreness in his side. Mitch Moreland, the Rangers No. 3 batter, had a slicing two-run single to left in the first. Leonys Martin led off the Texas second with a single before Michael Choices two-run homer to left. After Odor and Shin-Soo Choo walked, Andrus had an RBI single that made it 5-0 and chased Tillman. Jones doubled off Texas starter Colby Lewis, then scored on a single by Chris Davis that tied it 5-all. But Lewis wasnt blaming centre fielder Martin, who had the ball hit by Jones come out of his glove while falling to the ground on what would have been the third out. "Its one of those outings where Im excited we won," Lewis said. "I dont think it should have been in that situation. I put it on myself. Im not really worried about that." NOTES: Texas had lost seven in a row against Baltimore. ... The Orioles finished 5-5 on a 10-game road trip. They play their next 10 games, and 20 of 26, at home. ... Texas picked right-hander Luis Ortiz from Sanger High School in California with the 30th overall pick in the draft. That was the Rangers compensation pick for the Orioles signing Nelson Cruz, who was 0 for 4 with three strikeouts in the series finale. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    railay.com Forum Index -> Accomodation & food in Railay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum