railay.com Forum Index railay.com
Railay Beach virtual meeting place

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Always ask yourself what you did right

Post new topic   Reply to topic    railay.com Forum Index -> Climbing partners WANTED!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
missdior
Totaly Tropicaly Insane

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Always ask yourself what you did right Reply with quote

On any given Sunday you'll see more and more people heading to their local golf course to partake in what has evolved into one of the most popular sports in the world. No longer a game played exclusively by the nouveau rich http://www.ravensfootballpro.com/Ravens-Justin-Tucker-Jersey/ , this relaxing, albeit sometimes frustrating sport, is now being played by people of all ages and various walks of life.

With countless number of quality courses increasing throughout the country yearly, and state of the art golf clubs and accessories readily available for the novice or wannabe Tiger Woods, golf is now more accessible then ever before. But before you tee off with that new driver, or reach for your nine iron, make sure you take proper precautions against the golfer's deadliest foe: the sun.

Consider that a round of golf can take anywhere from four to six hours to complete, often played between 10am and 4pm when the sun's ultraviolet rays are the strongest, thus greatly increasing the risk of developing skin cancer.

In addition to the liberal dose of sunscreen that you hopefully always apply prior to teeing off, one of the most important preventive measures you can take, (and most stylish) is to wear the proper hat.

Golf pros around the globe agree that sun protection hats offer a competitive edge over players who struggle in the heat without adequate safeguards against the sun's damaging UV rays. PGA tour pro Briny Abaird frequently dons one of the broad-brimmed variety http://www.ravensfootballpro.com/Ravens-Jonathan-Ogden-Jersey/ , providing extensive protection to his face and neck, freeing him up for more important matters, like sinking that next chip shot.

Other golf legends such as Sam Snead and Greg Norman also popularized the wearing of wide brimmed lightweight hats while on the course. Greg Norman, who grew up in the sun drenched region of Northern Australia, often wore the typical surfers wide brimmed straw hat that encircles the entire head, including the back of the neck. While playing professionally he was able to keep his eyes focused on the ball at all times, shielded from blinding bursts of sunlight that often plague many golfers.

So what to look for in a golf hat?....Basically you want a hat that is constructed of a lightweight yet durable weave that offers ample ventilation. Suede with cut-away mesh features, or tightly woven mesh hats are a prime example.

Choose a hat that provides shade for the entire head, and as much of the neck as possible. Wide or medium sized brimmed hats also provide much more protection for the face, ears, and neck than common baseball caps http://www.ravensfootballpro.com/Ravens-Joe-Flacco-Jersey/ , and are suitable for those who play often under sunny conditions.
Golf is having a hard time naming those clubs that used to be made of wood--they're called fairway-metals, fairway metal-woods, just plain woods, or, the most ridiculous, "iron-wood." So Guru, make history, coin a name to take the sport by storm. Russ Barker, Fort Erie, Ontario How many golfers have irons made of iron? How many tins are made of tin? How many nickels are made of nickel? It doesn't matter what the club is made of--wood, steel http://www.ravensfootballpro.com/Ravens-Jimmy-Smith-Jersey/ , graphite, titanium, xenon, ytterbium or zirconium. Woods are woods, irons are irons.

I read that it is legal to use the logo on a ball for alignment when putting. I draw a line around the entire ball for lineup as well as ball identification. Is this legal?

Chuck Thomas, Moreno Valley, Calif.

Assuming you don't alter the ball's size or weight, there is no restriction on what you draw on it. Dots, lines and scribbles are fine, as are images of ex-wives, fanatical politicians or Barney the Dinosaur. Channeled anger can add 20 yards to your tee shots.

While my brother and I were playing http://www.ravensfootballpro.com/Ravens-Jeremy-Maclin-Jersey/ , we noted that we never see tour pros reach across the hole to tap in a putt like we amateurs do. They walk around to their ball before tapping in. Does reaching across the hole violate a rule? Pete Leseberg, Eagle, Idaho

You're not allowed to putt "from a stance astride, or with either foot touching, the line of putt." No croquet shots allowed. But the "line of putt" doesn't extend beyond the hole, so the reach across tap-in is fine. The pros, however, can't be too careful. Who can forget Hale Irwin whiffing a tap-in at the 1983 British Open at Royal Birkdale (14th hole, third round)? He finished a stroke behind the winner, Tom Watson.

Guru update: In the May issue, I made a passing reference to "the one about Arnold Palmer and the pope." A lot of people wrote to say they want to hear the joke. Here it is:

A summit is held to decide once and for all which of the world's religions is right. After many days of good-natured talk http://www.ravensfootballpro.com/Ravens-Javorius-Allen-Jersey/ , no progress has been made. A Muslim delegate suggests a golf match to settle the issue: Each religion puts forward its best player, and a knockout match ensues. The Catholics and the Jews reach the final. The pope, determined to win, calls his old friend Arnold Palmer and explains that he'd like him to represent the Catholic church in the all-important final.

"I'd love to, Your Holiness," says Arnie. "But I'm not a Catholic."

"Don't worry about that," replies the pontiff.

"I'll make you a cardinal." Arnie is ordained. On the big day, the pope anxiously awaits word of the outcome at the Vatican. The phone rings. The news is bad.

"Arnold," he says, "how could you lose?"

"I'm sorry, sir http://www.ravensfootballpro.com/Ravens-James-Hurst-Jersey/ ," replies Arnie. "I played well. But you should have seen my opponent."

"Who was your opponent?"

"Rabbi Tiger Woods."

The database is a repository of information, which is a vital resource for any organization. No doubt, it is not just limited at the professional level as because nowadays college students developing any project have a requirement of it. However, this is not particularly about databases and their features and rather it focuses on the data conversion. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    railay.com Forum Index -> Climbing partners WANTED! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum