railay.com Forum Index railay.com
Railay Beach virtual meeting place
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

aid Manziel. But at the same time I completely

Post new topic   Reply to topic    railay.com Forum Index -> Accomodation & food in Railay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Totaly Tropicaly Insane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: aid Manziel. But at the same time I completely Reply with quote

ABBOTSFORD, B.C. -- The Grand Rapids Griffins made a statement Saturday that the defending American Hockey League champions intend to make another long playoff run. Andrej Nestrasils three-point night helped Grand Rapids to a 7-2 win over the Abbotsford Heat and a 2-0 lead in its best-of-five first-round series. The third-year pro scored his first two career AHL playoff goals and added an assist in the blowout victory. "Hes been good," said Griffins captain Jeff Hoggan. "He was in Toledo (ECHL) last year but hes a skilled player. When we lose guys like (Tomas Tatar) and (Tomas) Jurco, guys who go up to the Red Wings, we need somebody to fill that role and hes done a fantastic job for us." The Griffins now head back home in hopes of a sweep after taking both games at the Abbotsford Centre. The Griffins won 2-1 on Friday in double overtime. "Yesterday was the first game of the playoffs, so everyone was kind of nervous," said Nestrasil. "I felt that sometimes we were trying to make plays, even if they werent there. Today we started a little more simple and it came out of that. We didnt let them shoot. They scored two first-period goals, five shots on net, so were going to try to play better defensively, because when you play well defensively you get the offensive chances after." Ryan Sproul, the Game 1 overtime hero, and Teemu Pulkkinen each had a goal and two assists for Grand Rapids while Trevor Parkes, Cody Emmerton and Hoggan also scored for the visitors, whose parent club Detroit was eliminated from the NHL playoffs and is expected to send some bodies back for Game 3 on Wednesday. "Weve got some talented young guys back there," said Hoggan of rookie defencemen like Sproul. "This is the time when you want to see what theyre all about. Playoff hockey is the toughest hockey. For them to step up, its going to be huge for us to go on and go far. We know theyre capable and theyre doing it at crunch time." Petr Mrazek had to stop just 15 shots, compared to his 55-save performance the night before. Max Reinhart had a goal and an assist for Abbotsford, which may have played its final home game after it was announced last week that the franchise will not be back in the city next season. Emile Poirier had the other goal, while Joni Ortio stopped 25-of-30 shots before being pulled. Doug Carr mopped up, making 14 saves. Though the Heat were embarrassed on home ice, and cancelled their regular post-game presser, the Griffins know that Game 3 wont be easy. "We have to make sure its hard for them to get opportunities," said Nestrasil. "Every chance, they need to earn it and make sure they have to come through us all the time." Abbotsford opened the scoring at the 7:40 mark of the first. Reinhart stepped into a shot in the high slot. Mrazek kicked it right to Poirier, who quickly brought the puck to his forehand and snapped it blocker side for his first professional playoff goal. The visitors, however, tied the game not long after. Mattias Janmark drove hard to the net and centred for Parkes, who chipped it by Ortio for his first AHL playoff goal at 10:13. The Heat regained the lead with a power-play goal at 15:32. Reinhart tried to centre for Ben Hanowski but it ricocheted off the skate of Brennan Evans. Just 35 seconds later the Griffins again drew even when Sprouls one-timer from the point was deflected by Nestrasil. Grand Rapids scored a short-handed goal late in the first to take their first lead. Emmerton made a move around one defender, then fought off another and chipped the puck past Ortio while falling to his backside, giving Detroits 2006 second-round selection his first AHL playoff goal in five years. Hoggan doubled the lead two minutes into the second period when he took a cross-ice feed from Pulkkinen and fired a wrist shot over the glove of Ortio, giving him 14 career AHL playoff goals. Nestrasil chased Ortio at 11:19 of the second, snapping a shot short side from a bad angle. "I just wanted to dump the puck in, but nobody came to me," said the Prague native. "I was basically walking into the zone. I just threw it at the net and it went through. Im glad I can score a goal like that. Im glad we scored a lot of goals because it gives the guys confidence." Sproul scored a power-play goal at 6:45 of the third and Pulkkinen added another on the power play at 12:09. Laremy Tunsil Jersey .C. Now hes squarely in the U.S. capital and helping the Washington Wizards playoff drive. John Wall scored 33 points, Gooden got 11 of his 21 in the final quarter and the Wizards overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit for a 101-94 win over the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday night. Jason Taylor Jersey . Louis Cardinals on Sunday afternoon; a brief, poor outing that served to highlight two trends that have developed this season. http://www.dolphinsteamauthenticshop.com/c-22-dolphins-andre-branch-jersey.aspx. -- Aaron Rodgers looked fine on the practice field Thursday. Julius Thomas Jersey . Ramirez is still hitting behind Puig, only now they are in the third and fourth spots, and the change is starting to generate positive results for manager Don Mattingly. Brandon Doughty Jersey . - The Kansas City Royals are hoping All-Star catcher Salvador Perez will be back in a few days.BEREA, Ohio - Brian Hoyer came dangerously close to losing his dream job for good.But after getting them into playoff contention, the Browns decided that despite his imperfections and recent mistakes, Hoyer is still their starting quarterback over rookie Johnny Manziel, who may be their future but isnt ready to handle the present.The Browns are Hoyers team for at least one more Sunday.I want to see this thing through, Hoyer said. I want to finish this strong.Clevelands struggling veteran will start again this week against Indianapolis after first-year coach Mike Pettine and his staff decided Hoyer would be the better option down the stretch than Manziel, who flashed some Johnny Football magic last week in a loss at Buffalo.Hoyers poor performance against the Bills he was pulled for Manziel with 12 minutes left in a 26-10 loss raised the possibility that Cleveland (7-5) would make another switch at the position. The Browns have had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999.Hoyer spent an anxious 48 hours waiting to learn his fate.They werent the easiest days of my life, thats for sure, he said. Ive been through a lot, and this is one more thing to handle some adversity and it makes you stronger. Its back to business as usual.Pettine described the decision as difficult because of Hoyers performance, but said coaches put more value on his experience and success.It wasnt perfect and hes made his share of mistakes, but hes gotten the lions share of reps in practice and virtually all of them in games and has us in the thick of a playoff hunt, Pettine said. That, to me, was probably the biggest determining factor.Pettine said he told both quarterbacks his decision on Wednesday.Manziel, who led the Browns on an 80-yard touchdown drive he capped with a 10-yard run last week, was understandably disappointed. But the first-round draft pick was encouraged by his time on the field and knows his chance may not be far off.Obviously, thats a decision thats made by Coach Pettine, he said. And this week his answer was, No so moving forward whatever transpires, maybe next time the answer will be, Yes.Pettine said there was some lively discussion before the coaching staff agreed to stay with Hoyyer, who has thrown just one touchdowns pass and six interceptions in his last three games.ddddddddddddHoyer will not be on a short leash and Pettine is confident the five-year veteran and the rest of Clevelands offence can bounce back after a rough stretch.Before finalizing his decision, Pettine spoke with several players, who offered their support of Hoyer.Hes a resilient competitor, Pro Bowl tackle Joe Thomas said, and that says everything you need to know about him because hes not the type of guy that will feel sorry for himself. Hes not going to lay down. Hes going to prepare even harder.Manziel said he felt good about the way he played and figured he had done enough to make the decision tough on Clevelands coaches.Just being competitive, theres a little bit of disappointment, said Manziel. But at the same time I completely trust Coach Pettine with this team and I believe hes put us in the right situation going forward consistently.Comebacks arent new for Hoyer.A lifelong Browns fan, the Cleveland-area native had his boyhood wishes come true last season when he was given the starting job. He made three starts before tearing a knee ligament against the Bills.Hoyer rehabbed tirelessly to get back and while he expected the Browns to draft a quarterback, he never imagined it would be Manziel, the immensely popular former Texas A&M quarterback and college football legend.Hoyer beat out Manziel in training camp and has held him off again.I always have a fire lit, Hoyer said. Anytime someone questions you, you want to prove them wrong. Im sure there are people questioning me all along, not just this week, throughout the entire season.NOTES: Pettines not concerned about the reaction of Browns fans. The city seemed split between Hoyer and Manziel. The Dawg Pound is happiest when were winning, he said. Therefore, its what this business is all about. I think opinions will be very divided on this regardless of what had happened. ... Starting RB Isaiah Crowell was held out of practice with a hip injury. He leads the team with seven touchdowns. ... TE Gary Barnidge has a rib injury and remains day-to-day.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    railay.com Forum Index -> Accomodation & food in Railay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum